Masse Pool Help
If you are not using Internet Explorer 4.0 or greater or Netscape Navigator 4.7 or greater, be aware that not
all browsers support Java properly. The main Masse Club page launches
Masse Pool with all features enabled by default. The button below uses basic features by default, so features can
be enabled one-by-one via the menus, and problematic features can be avoided. Check the list below to see if anything
is known about your browser. If you are uncertain, you may want to save all your work and exit other applications
before playing. Please share any problems with me.
If the button does not appear, you may need to enable Java from your Browser.
For help playing Masse Pool, refer to the Masse Pool instructions.
Here's a breif summary of my experience with Masse Pool on different platforms.
- Internet Explorer 4.0, 5.0: This is the development platform and appears to be quite reliable.
- Netscape Navigator 4.7+ and Netscape Communicator: These seem ok.
- Netscape Navigator 4.5 and earlier: Flaky! Netscape tends to hang, crash, or sometimes just
run really slow to the point that it is unusable. If you try it, be willing to kill Netscape. Also try "tame"
shots first. Stay away from hard break shots.
- Netscape 3.x: You probably don't see the button above.
- Mozilla: I've been told it's fine, but I'm not sure which version.
- Macs: I've been told bad things.
- Opera 5.01: For me, on Windows 2000, first Opera crashed; tried again and it reported that the Java
Applet crashed; since then it's worked fine for me. Go figure.
- HotJava: I've been told it works well.
- AppletViewer: I think it works reasonably well.
- Others: ??? Tell me. Email Steve Hoover.